These cookies are amazing! Cowboy Cookies are soft, gooey, chewy, and loaded with a variety of flavors and textures — from oats and coconut to chocolate chips and pecans — which make them hearty and totally addictive! This recipe makes a huge batch, and is also loaded with so many goodies that you can be assured that there’s a little somethin’ in there to please everyone.
*Yield 3 dozen cookies*
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- In an 8-quart bowl, beat butter on medium speed till smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars and continue beating to combine, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each one. Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut, and pecans.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to a rack to cool.
And enjoy! ♥♥