Oh my, these muffins are fantastic! I am a huge Nutella holic, like obsessively, but who isn’t? These muffins are sure to make any kind of morning just a tad bit brighter. I made these for my Sunday School class and everyone loved them! >> So whether you are making them for your breakfast or for a brunch party, they are sure to be a huge hit!
*Yield 18 Muffins*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together banana, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in egg, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture, until there are no lumps. Fold in the pecans.
- Fill muffins tins 3/4 full. Top each muffin with about 1 teaspoon of Nutella and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.