These cookies, oh my goodness! They are absolutely amazing! They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, not to mention the amazing gooey caramel center. I also highly recommend eating them when they come right out of the oven and the caramel is still ooey and gooey and melts right in your mouth. To be honest, I have eaten entirely too many of them over the last few weeks. >> They also make the perfect gift for anybody on your list that has a sweet tooth. Happy baking!
*Yield 16 cookies*
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa ( I use Hershey’s Special Dark )
- 1 tsp baking soda
- fun size Milky Way candy bars, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. About 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cocoa and baking soda and mix until well incorporated and thick.
- Make balls of cookie dough about tbsp. in size.
- Break balls of dough in half, add candy bar to the middle, then press dough halves back together and seal edges.
- Place cookies on a parchment or silicone baking mat lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Center might look a little undercooked, but edges should be done.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.